Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow-klahoma, it just keeps falling, and falling!

So I have to admit (of course, most of you know it), Oklahoma is not the most known state, nor is the little town we live near (Colcord). In fact, there are many who are native Oklahomans who have not heard of our little town,  SHOCKER... there is a post office, and school, nothing else. But much to our surprise, we made the news, along with Siloam Springs, Ar  (our neighboring town), we made the front page of yahoo, weather.com and numerous others for the SNOW. Yep, proud to say it! We received over 26+ inches in a mere 24hrs. It was amazing. I'm not sure if J-man or I have ever seen this much snow at one time (with out being in the mountains). Here are some pics!


Thank goodness for Mr. Brian, if he had not shoveled our road and driveway, well, we'd be stuck for at least 3-4 days (did I mention is supposed to be 50degrees this weekend). Peanut and I played for a few minutes outside... or at least to get some pictures... it was below 20degrees... chilly for a 3-yr-old.



And we had lots of fun on this particular snow day, because even daddy got to stay home! So we watched the bulldozer shovel snow..............


We made an obstacle course out of our living room furniture............


Painted dinosaurs while the Big Guy napped...................


Road our trucks.................

And watched several episodes of Elmo's World!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! I came over from your link on facebook - I can't believe how much snow you got! Newton (where we live) made the national news too - but we only had 18 inches! But it's the most I've ever seen I think! Your family is adorable - I'll have to check in on you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap of the snow! You did forget to mention the epic pizza party. :) Also, the picture of you and Blythe sitting in the snow, did you sit down or did you fall down? :) You are a great blogger!

    ReplyDelete